Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
May 17, 2016
Present: Pastor Chad Brekke, Sue LaGue, Tim Marker, Julia Sevald, Kathy Arveson and Christina Jobe
Call to Order: President Sue LaGue called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm.
Devotions: Sue LaGue led us in prayer.
Adoption of the Agenda: A motion was made by Julia Sevald and seconded by Tim Marker to approve the agenda. Motion approved.
Approval of Previous Minutes: A motion was made by Julia Sevald and seconded by Tim Marker to approve the minutes from the April 19, 2016 Executive Committee meeting. Motion approved.
Reports of Officers:
Sue reminded us that we won’t be meeting in July.
- For the month of April, receipts were lower than expenses.
- The general/building fund activity for the month was a loss of $1,882. This is unfavorable to budget and prior year by $5,092 and $7,352, respectively.
- Total April offerings were lower than budget and prior year by $8,596 and $7,720, respectively. Other receipts for April were higher than both budget and prior year, mainly related to building use income increases, partially offset by lower Thrivent Choice dollars coming in.
- Overall, expenses are lower than budget and only slightly higher than prior year. The favorability to budget is mainly related to lower gas & electricity expense in April.
- For April year to date, receipts were lower than expenses. Offerings year to date are lower than budget and prior year. Expenses are flat to budget but higher than prior year due to repairs & personnel expense.
- The general fund cash balance available for use is $67,129 at the end of April.
- The designated fund with significant activity in April was the plant sale/WAPO fund.
Vice President’s Report: None
Secretary’s Report: None
Senior Pastor’s Report:
The Vision Trip to Tanzania will be in June with 7 people going.
- Kathy will send the Council the redlined and clean copies of the amended Leave a Legacy by-laws. Kathy will also put a “talking points” summary together. Kathy will attend the June Council meeting to help discuss and answer questions if needed
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Tim Marker and seconded by Julia Sevald. Motion approved.