Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
January 8, 2013 (Approved)
Present: Tom Heinrich, Julia Sevald, Bill Fredrick, Pastor Chad Brekke, and Allan Grant
Call to Order: President Tom Heinrich called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm.
Devotions: Treasurer Julia Sevald led us in devotions.
Adoption of the Agenda: A motion was made by Allan Grant and seconded by Bill Fredrick to approve the agenda. Motion Approved.
Approval of Previous Minutes: A motion was made by Julia Sevald and seconded by Bill Fredrick to approve the minutes from the December 13, 2012 Executive Committee meeting as written. Motion approved.
Reports of Officers:
Treasurer/Director of Operations: Notable December activity:
- · December envelope offerings were higher than budgeted. However, total December receipts are unfavorable to budget by $6,997 mainly because $10,000 of the Greendahl estate gift was moved to designated funds to cover a portion of the sign expenses in 2013. Disbursements are unfavorable to budget by $5,681. The general fund activity for the month was a gain of $5,998. This is unfavorable to budget for the month and to prior year (gain of $10,251 in December 2011).
- · Year to date receipts are still unfavorable to budget by $21,322. However, disbursements are favorable to budget by $51,195 resulting in an overall positive variance to budget YTD of $29,874.
- · The adult mission trips and digital sign were the only designated funds with significant activity in December.
- · The 2013 budget was discussed and adopted by the congregation at the December 16th Special Congregational Meeting.
A motion was made to accept the Treasures Report by Bill Fredrick and seconded by Allan Grant. Motion approved.
- · Presented a draft of the Annual Meeting agenda. The Executive Committee recommends that the agenda be forwarded to the full council for approval.
- · Presented the list of nominees from the Nominating Committee. The Executive Committee will forward to full council for review.
Vice President’s Report:
Endowment/Leave A Legacy Update: No Report
Secretary’s Report: Recommended that the full council relook at the various Continuing Resolutions and decide if any should be dropped. Allan Grant will bring recommendations to the full Council after discussion with Kathy Arveson and Lynell Keller.
Pastor Chad: Pastor Chad shared his written report that will appear in the Annual Meeting materials. He shared that the planning is ongoing for the February Council retreat. He was pleased to announce that 18 people have signed up to accompany him to Africa on June 12-26, 2013. He will be traveling to Nigeria to dedicate the facilities that he has overseen and will be in Africa February 21- March 6, 2013.
Unfinished Business: None
New Business: None
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Bill Fredrick and seconded by Julia Sevald. Motion approved.