Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
March 15, 2016
Present: Pastor Chad Brekke, Tim Marker, Julia Sevald, Kathy Arveson and Christina Jobe
Absent: Sue LaGue
Call to Order: Vice President Tim Marker called the meeting to order at 6:43 pm.
Adoption of the Agenda: A motion was made by Julia Sevald and seconded by Christina Jobe to approve the agenda. Motion approved.
Approval of Previous Minutes: A motion was made by Julia Sevald and seconded by Christina Jobe to approve the minutes from both the January 19 and February 16, 2016 Executive Committee meetings. Motion approved.
Reports of Officers:
President’s Report: None
- For the month of February, receipts were higher than expenses.
- The general/building fund activity for the month was a gain of $2,193. This is favorable to budget and prior year by $8,394 and $5,177, respectively.
- Total February offerings were higher than budget by $5,911 and higher than prior year by $9,636. Other receipts for February were also higher than both budget and prior year, mainly related to building use income.
- Overall, expenses are higher than budget and prior year. The unfavorability to budget is mainly related to higher repairs expense and timing of music ministry expenses.
- For February year to date, receipts were higher than expenses. Offerings year to date are higher than budgeted and flat to prior year. Expenses are slightly lower than budget but higher than prior year due to repairs, large equipment and gas & electricity expenses.
- The general fund cash balance available for use is $78,203 at the end of February.
- The designated fund with significant activity in February was the children/youth scholarships fund.
Vice President’s Report:
The next Leave a Legacy meeting is scheduled for March 22. There are five requests that will be reviewed. Changes to the document that dictates the operations of the committee will also be discussed.
Secretary’s Report: None
Senior Pastor’s Report:
- The benevolence disbursement was discussed. The amount for Luther Seminary Tuition was decreased from $3000 to $1500 due to the student’s decreased need. Therefore, the amount for ELCA was increased from $1100 to $2600.A motion was made by Christina Jobe and seconded by Julia Sevald to approve the benevolence disbursement. Motion approved.
- Prayer: Vice President Tim Marker led the group in The Lord’s Prayer.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Julia Sevald and seconded by Tim Marker. Motion approved.