EXECUTIVE TEAM MAY 2017 MINUTES

EXECUTIVE TEAM MAY 2017 MINUTES

Prince of Peace Lutheran Church

Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

May 16, 2017

Present: Pastor Chad Brekke, Allan Grant, Lynn Anderson, Julia Sevald, Melissa Johnson

Absent: N/A

Call to Order: President Allan Grant called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.

Devotions: Lynn Anderson led us in prayer.

Adoption of the Agenda: A motion was made by Julia Sevald and seconded by Lynn Anderson to approve the agenda.  Motion approved.

Approval of Previous Minutes: A motion was made by Lynn Anderson and seconded by Julia Sevald to approve the minutes from the April 17, 2017 Executive Committee meeting. Motion approved.

Reports of Officers:

President’s Report:

  • Allan attended the Association of Congregations at Gustavus
    • There are two kinds of scholarships available
    • They have space where you can do youth retreats or council retreats
    • Brent is aware of this. Allan brought a new information book for Brent and Katie.
  • Synod Assembly
    • Non-eventful – speakers were very good

Treasurer’s Report:

  • April was a good month. April earnings were about $7300. Year to Date, we are net positive $892. Easter holiday giving was about $10,000.
  • We are continuing to pay the full mortgage each month.
  • Julia will have the Treasurer’s Report available later this month once she gets numbers from Wayne, who is on vacation.
  • After talking with Nate, Julia discovered that the request for the money from LAL will only cover the sound board, and not the projector pieces. We were under the impression that between the anonymous monetary donation and the request from LAL would cover the entire project.

Vice President’s Report: None

Secretary’s Report: None

Senior Pastor’s Report:

  • The staff is getting ready for summer worship and getting the speakers lined up for the Wednesday Night Worship services
  • Chad went to the annual Senior Pastor Conference – great conference with many learning opportunities
  • A group is going to Africa on June 8th

Unfinished Business:

None

New Business:

  • Some council members are concerned about the every other month meeting schedule that we talked about going to. Their concerns are that council meeting are a place where we can bounce ideas of each other – will the same work get done through e-mail?
  • The idea is that all of these teams will be doing this work on their own. Council should be who these teams report to.
  • Is there a way we can give these leaders training to feel they can lead their teams successfully?
  • Another idea is to have the executive council members attend team meetings when possible.

 

  • Natalia is looking to request money from LAL for the Wednesday night worship services to cover the guest speakers.

Action Items:

  • Pastor Chad will follow up with Nate on the equipment upgrades.
  • Lynn will wait for Natalia to submit an official request to LAL and then send an e-mail to the committee requesting approval.
  • When we look at the budget this year, we need to keep in mind certain things that have been funded by LAL to decide if it is something that should be included in the budget (Wednesday Worship speakers, for example).
  • We are going to move the June Council Meeting to June 27th at 7:00pm. Melissa will send an e-mail to let the team know. We will try to take a picture if we have enough people here.
  • Personnel Meeting will be on June 27th will meet at 6:15.
  • Melissa will see if council representatives can include the executive committee on their e-mails letting team members know of upcoming meetings.
  •  

A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Melissa Johnson and seconded by Lynn Anderson. Motion approved.

Respectfully submitted,

Melisa Johnson

Council Secretary

Share this post onShare on Facebook
Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.