Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
June 21, 2016
Present: Sue LaGue, Tim Marker, Julia Sevald, Kathy Arveson and Christina Jobe
Absent: Pastor Chad Brekke
Call to Order: President Sue LaGue called the meeting to order at 6:36 pm.
Devotions: Sue LaGue led us in devotions.
Adoption of the Agenda: A motion was made by Julia Sevald and seconded by Christina Jobe to approve the agenda. Motion approved.
Approval of Previous Minutes: A motion was made by Julia Sevald and seconded by Christina Jobe to approve the minutes from the May 17, 2016 Executive Committee meeting. Motion approved.
Reports of Officers:
Executive team will not meet in July.
- For the month of May, receipts were lower than expenses.
- The general/building fund activity for the month was a loss of $4,235. This is unfavorable to budget and prior year by $2,748 and $12,209, respectively.
- Total May offerings were higher than budget by $1,493 but lower than prior year by $2,408. Other receipts for May were lower than both budget and prior year, mainly related to building use income as well as lower Thrivent Choice dollars coming in.
- Overall, expenses are at budget but $7,062 higher than prior year. The unfavorability to prior year is mainly related to timing of continuing education expenses, higher benefit costs and salary increases.
- For May year to date, receipts were lower than expenses. Offerings year to date are lower than budget and prior year. Expenses are flat to budget but higher than prior year due to repairs & personnel expense.
- The general fund cash balance available for use is $62,895 at the end of May.
- The designated fund with significant activity in May was the plant sale/WAPO fund.
Vice President’s Report: None
Secretary’s Report: None
Senior Pastor’s Report: (Pastor Chad in Tanzania)
- Leave a Legacy request for $700 to cover stipends for summer guest preachers for Wednesday night services. This is the second year for this request. Historically, the same requests have not been approved more than 3 years in a row.
- Julia will send out the Treasurer’s report to the Executive team and Council for review in July. Discussion will take place at the August meeting.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Tim Marker and seconded by Julia Sevald. Motion approved.